At 22nd of October 1960, the first “real” hot air balloon was tested in the USA🇺🇸 by Ed Yost! With support of the U.S. Navy this project led to what we are doing today… ballooning!
Because of these guys we are able today to explore, live our dream of flying and share our passion with thousands of passengers every day around the world.
🎉Thank you and happy birthday! 🎉
The Goodyear Farm Tires British National Hot Air Balloon Championships 2017
Wolverley CE Secondary School DY11 5XQ
14th – 19th August 2017
Task sheet of Flight3
Task sheet of Flight2
- Additional General Briefing Information
- GPX file of targets and CLPs
- Maps for OziEplorer with PZs and boundary: image (35 MB), map files.
- General Briefing Informations last update 15:30 12/08/2017
- Section I and II of the Event rules
- GPX file of Blue PZs
- Boundary of the Contest area
- Event guide
General Briefing: 14:00 Monday 14th August, at Wolverley School, Main Briefing Room
1st competition flight – Monday pm
Last competition flight – Saturday am
Awards: Lunchtime Saturday 19thAugust,
30th Brazilian National Championship
30º Campeonato Brasileiro de Balonismo
Boituva, SP, Brazilia
09th July – 16th July
- General Briefing Information
- Rules / REGULAMENTO OFICIAL DE COMPETIÇÃO VERSÃO 2017
- Maps, PZs, goals
- Goals, PZs coordinates
|6||Marcos Paulo da Silva||SP|
|20||Renato Mathies Alemão||SP|
|23||Rafael da Luz||RS|
James Gordon Bennett Jr. (May 10, 1841 – May 14, 1918) was publisher of the New York Herald, founded by his father, James Gordon Bennett Sr., who emigrated from Scotland. He was generally known as Gordon Bennett to distinguish him from his father. Among his many sports-related accomplishments he organized both the first polo match and the first tennis match in the United States, and he personally won the first trans-oceanic yacht race. He sponsored explorers including Henry Morton Stanley’s trip to Africa to find David Livingstone, and the ill-fated USS Jeannette attempt on the North Pole. Continue reading
On 12 April 1961, the Vostok 3KA-3 (Vostok 1) spacecraft with Gagarin aboard was launched from Baikonur Cosmodrome. Gagarin thus became both the first human to travel into space, and the first to orbit the Earth. His call sign was Kedr (Russian: Кедр, Siberian pine or Cedar).
The radio communication between the launch control room and Gagarin included the following dialogue at the moment of rocket launch: Continue reading
21-27 August, 2017
20th European Air Balloon Championships, Brissac, France
- ED: David Levin
- Status: 2nd round of invitation running. Ends 18th April
- Contact: Martine Besnainou, firstname.lastname@example.org
4th Women Hot Air Balloon Championship, Leszno, Poland
- ED: Moniek vande Velde
- Status: 2nd round of invitation running. Ends 30th April
- Contact: Bogdan Prawicki – email@example.com
61st Coupe Gordon Bennett, Fribourg, Switzerland
- ED: Markus Haggeney
- Status: 25 entries, final entry 15th April
- Contact: Serge COLLAUD, firstname.lastname@example.org
Slovenian Open Championship, Sporting event, Murska Sobota, Slovenia
- ED: Thomas Herndl, CIA loggers
- Invitation: All FAI members. Entry deadline: 6 June 2017.
- Entry fee: 150€ includes maps, breakfast, lunch, opening/closing ceremony. No propane, no accomodation.
- Contact: Matjaž Pavlinjek, email@example.com
20e COUPE D’EUROPE DE MONTGOLFIERES & 25e COUPE DU MONDE DES DAMES. Sporting event, NOUVELLE AQUITAINE – BLANZAC-PORCHERESSE, France
- ED: Jacques Bernardin, loggers,
- Invitation process: 1-31 March 2017
- Entry fee: 290 € (3+ pilot) Accommodation, breakfast, brunch after morning flights, dinner, propane, pilot’s pack, maps
- Contact: Viviane Barbot, firstname.lastname@example.org
Minsk 950th Anniversary Balloon Cup, Sporting event, Minsk, Belarus
- Entry Fee: Before 1 July, 200€, after 1 July, 300€. Includes gas, map, CIA loggers, accomodation (2 nights), breakfast and lunch for 4 persons, opening and closing ceremony.
- Contact: Anton Bystrov, Sec. Gen. of Belarusian Fed. of Air Sports, email@example.com
1st Central European and 2nd Szeged Balloon Cup, Sporting event, Szeged, Hungary
- ED: Zoltan Palhegyi, CIA loggers
- Invitation: All FAI members. Entry until 10 June, 2017. Entry Fee: Before 10 May, 100€, after 10 May, 200€. Includes gas, map, breakfast and lunch for 4 persons, free camping at airport.
- Contact: Zoltán Pálhegyi
He flew from Torrey Pines, San Diego in California to Waverley, Georgia in 73 hours 20mins, a distance of 2074kms. The balloon was gas balloon Abruzzo GROM-1. Reg. N96YD,landing on February 5th 2003. On the weekend of the flight, the equipment was driven to California from Albuquerque by crewmembers Leonard Saiz and Jeremy Dorcas. They also provided the retrieve for the flight. The sandbags were filled and the system was assembled on Saturday. It all finally came together and the balloon was launched exactly at 12:00 noon PST. Continue reading
Jean-François Pilâtre de Rozier with Joseph Montgolfier, he was one of six passengers on a second flight on 19 January 1784, with a huge Montgolfier balloon Le Flesselles launched from Lyon. Four French nobles paid for the trip, including a prince.
26 years ago today 15th January, Per Lindstrand and Richard Branson, began their Pacific crossing by hot air balloon. Two days later they landed in Yellowknife, Canada on 17th January 1991. They had achieved the first Pacific crossing by hot air balloon.